Saturday, January 14, 2012

Song Six

Vibrant on that day; he told me-


- in a dream? No, in reality. He spoke on the phone -

the last day.

“I love you.”

My true hero: My father.

My ‘stern and steadfast’ father.


He said, “I love you, Super.”


(He always called me Super.)

(He was forever clear: “I love you, Super.”)


Lowell; The Bright, Bright light; and he said it.


Within hours, he was dead.


I knew then;


in that first horrible moment.


I knew ___________ And would never forget.


--- Never to hear “Super, ”


never again in my Earthly span. ---


never again my appointed and actual name:


- Not like he said it -


And so I miss it -- I miss my youth. Miss ‘the days.’


Those days.


“Super, this is your Old Man.”


“Super, ... I need to talk to you.”


“Super, I will see you again.”


***


(Lowell, you will not see me again. Not on this Earth.)


- but in ether? -- beyond the Seattle gloaming?


***


at the Eternity Door --


The final door.


You will find Daniel Bruce Slocum. Discover me standing as before.


with my curly hair, with hazel eyes -- eyes just like yours.


And the muse with one last word --



Meshuggah.